Monday, August 19, 2013

Well done kidlets

Today was the last time that my boys came with me to Radiation.

My Mum arrives tonight so I'll be toddling off to Radiation on my own for the last four sessions. What's that? Only four to go? Woohoo! Yet again the staff in Radiation Oncology proved they are all kinds of awesome by turning up in the waiting room this morning with a puzzle for the kids. And not only that, the wonderful woman in question sat down on the floor and patiently helped Harry with it, leaving me to go and have my treatment.

When I came back one of the cleaners was also chatting to Jack and making him giggle.

Such kindness and generosity! It has made ALL the difference during this journey!

The boys are so patient considering their age but I'm relieved that after today they no longer need to sit around waiting for Mummy. Even if sitting around includes watching extra episodes of Peppa Pig on the iPad.

Ah Peppa Pig, so much more interesting than watching nurses apply a dressing to Mummy's raw skin.

 

 

For now there'll be no more racing...

 

 

Up and down the hospital corridors...

 



To see who can push the elevator button first...


 

But I doubt they'll miss it all that much.

Sunshine, playgrounds and Nana time await.

 

xxx

Em

 

7 comments:

  1. You have the best most positive attitude! Katherine Mcpherrin Breast Cancer Joywarrior

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are just the cutest! Countdown is on for your last few sessions. Glad to hear Mom is around to help! Nothing like having your own around for the extra hand.

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bliss having her here...everyone relaxes, stress levels reduce and we all get a big hit of love!

      xx Em

      Delete
  3. Your boys are adorable!

    http://youngnasawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh the rush to press the life button.. a constant contest with my two as well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx