Wednesday, August 21, 2013

All Dressed Up

It's official...I'm the poster girl for Radiation Burns.

Woot!

 

(I do apologise in advance...this post has a couple of gory photos.

Turn away and run for your life if you have a delicate stomach.)


Week four of radiation was tough. The effects of exhaustion and burnt skin really kicked in. The weekend following week four was painful. Thats when the skin really started to come away...in sheets. This final week has been agonising if truth be told. Ow bloody ow ow OW!

I'm on a ten day course of antibiotics to try and head off infection and have to wear a dressing over my raw skin. Its reached a point where all clothing is uncomfortable. Sleep is hard to come by because lying down is uncomfortable. Hugging is out of the question because touch is uncomfortable. I see a theme forming here folks! Not the end of the world of course...in a few weeks my skin will heal. I'll just have to grit my teeth and put up with the pain until then. Radiation hurts but I'd still choose it over chemo any day!

So...as a Radiation Burn Poster Girl, this is how I dress for success!

 

 

Radiation...do your thang!

Seek and destroy those rogue cancer cells!

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh Em! OUCH!!!! is all I can say. Hang in there, you are an awesome, awesome woman. much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks intense. Air cheek kisses and air hugs (wouldn't wanna hurt ya!) You're rocking this thing Em - xo!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virtual hugs and kisses headed your way, so no touchies! ;)
    PS- You look like a punk rocker with that netted stuff on! Way to be a badass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...that's what my husband said too! Thanks Blair xx

      Delete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx