Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hullo Spring

Looks like Spring has Sprung!

 

 

Oh how I adore Spring in Canberra!

 

 

 

Always a thrill when the cherry blossoms bloom!

 

 

I've been taking it very easy since Sunday afternoon.

 

Hubby has taken a couple of days off work and is doing a stellar job looking after everything so that I can rest and recover from these radiation burns. I slept most of yesterday away. It will take weeks to heal and I'm afraid that its going to be a very challenging time. I'm hoping that a couple of quiet days will allow enough healing for me to be functional for the rest of the week. Though my hopes aren't high. Radiation burns are different to thermal burns. They aren't measured in degrees...rather in grades. And it's not how deep the burns go down but rather a case of missing skin...skin that hasn't yet regenerated and come up from beneath. The skin will react how it reacts and no ointment will stop it...just soothe it. So I am going to have to be patient and careful and wait for the healing to happen in its own time. How I manage that while looking after the boys is the challenge but I'm sure I'll find a way.

 

Spring...a time for new growth be it blossoms or skin cells.

 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Flowers! Hope you are getting your rest! Glad your husband was able to take off and help out!

    http://youngnasawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cherry blossoms are just gorgeous! and I hope you start to feel more full of strength soon, sending lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Katie. Am hanging out to read your post about the Lavender & Blueberry cake! My heart stopped when I saw it on Instagram! xx

      Delete
  3. So glad you're resting. Sounds rather painful :( Hope that a few days of quiet and relaxing do the trick. If those cherry blossoms are your view, it's very serene! What a beautiful space.

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta,

      I think 8 months of treatment has caught up with me. Just haven't been able to push through the pain this time. Hubby is such a good egg...he's taken the whole week off. Slowly starting to heal so we're on the up and up!

      Love our backyard...very good for the soul.

      xx Em

      Delete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx