Saturday, August 17, 2013

Loving Lonsdale

 

Some time ago my beautiful girlfriends Anna and Rach gave me a voucher for the Designer Op Shop in Braddon. We finally found a Saturday morning where all three of us could leave the kidlets with our obliging husbands for a girls only outing. Nothing like a child-free morning on Lonsdale Street to kickstart the weekend!

 

 

A caffeine hit at SweetBones with its mismatched furniture, retro flair and amazing coffee got us off to a good start.

We then entered homewares heaven in the form of

Hive

 

 
 
One of those completely gorgeous stores you can lose yourself in.
 
Speaking of stores you can lose yourself in...
 
 
 
 
Oh my...
 
 

 


So many pretty vintage pieces.

 
 
 
I found a sweet black and white dress and this super cute pink resin ring. I also had my eye on a beautiful silk Burberry jacket but alas, Burberry and toddlers do not mix so I'll leave it for another day.
 
Sharyn and her daughters Daniella and Taylor run this gem of a store.



You can see more of Designer Op Shop on Facebook and Instagram.

 
Our last stop was Hipsley Lane.
 
 
 
Another vintage treasure trove where I picked up a little French Connection jacket and a Stockholm cotton shirt before succumbing to the excruciating pain of raw radiated skin and headed home.
 
Not a bad little bounty for one morning's work...
 
 
 
Thanks Anna & Rach...spending time with you is all kinds of beautiful!
xxx Em
 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Great photos! Everything looks really cute! Wish I had places like that around me. Thanks for sharing!

    http://youngnasawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could have gone crazy and bought up the whole store.

      So many fab designs xx

      Delete
  2. Love the ring - what an awesome start to your weekend! Love little boutiques like those...totally the best time soak. That saying on the wall "it only takes someone a moment to tell them you love them"..so true. Love.

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we both win the lotto we can do a houseswap Marta...I'd give my right arm to spend some time on your beloved lake! xx

      Delete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx