Sunday, July 21, 2013

Beautiful Broccoli

I had planned to spend this wintery weekend up to my elbows in flour and sugar trying out some of the recipes from my favourite foodie blogs. Unfortunately Mr Flu didn't notice that I'd pencilled such a delightful weekend into my calendar and had me sick in bed instead of baking.

Stupid flu...such a kill joy!

I perked up late this afternoon, just in time for Hubby to walk into the kitchen with an armful of freshly picked broccoli from the patch.

Confession: My initial internal reaction when Hubby comes into the house with a mother load of produce tends to be slight panic. I have a 'what on earth am I going to do with all this?' kind of response. Then I get to thinking about it, browse my cookbooks, favourite blogs & websites and inevitably find plenty of recipes to make the most of the bounty that covers my kitchen bench.

Tonight I found THE most incredibly delicious recipe for broccoli here.

An out of this world, I can't believe how awesome this tastes recipe that will have you begging for more.

Start with a few large heads of broccoli, the fresher the better!

Slice into large florets. Toss with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt flakes & sliced garlic. Throw into a lined baking tray and pop into a nice hot oven for twenty minutes.

When its beautifully caramelised shave some parmesan, finely grate the zest of a lemon and squeeze the juice over it.

Voila! That easy!

Imagine if our mothers had served broccoli like this to us as kids...(if yours did you were totally spoilt, I'm jealous!).

Great as a party finger food, side dish or the main event.

Try it peeps...you'll thank me for it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx