Thursday, April 30, 2015

Reconstruct

I'm heading back to hospital tomorrow for more surgery.

Time to 'reconstruct the reconstruction' and hopefully repair some of the radiation damage on my right side. It should be an easy procedure and I'll be discharged the following day to recover at home.

 

I've been feeling anxious all day.

 

Not because I'm worried about the surgery itself...I trust my surgeon, he's always done impeccable work. I've just developed an aversion to hospitals in general. I have too many memories tucked away that I fear will bubble back up to the surface just as I'd worked through the emotional fallout of my last surgery. So very glad its only an overnight stay. I am really hoping this procedure works and that will be that. It's the simplest and least invasive option. If my scarred skin doesn't stretch enough to be plumped up with fat taken from my stomach, we'll have to go back to the drawing board and replace the implant with a new one. Fingers crossed for success first try.

 

 

 

 

I took the boys to the Arboretum for a play after school yesterday. I wanted to break out of our midweek routine and do something fun before I'm sidelined for the next few weeks. We played in the acorn playground and ate icecreams in the afternoon sun. It was a completely gorgeous day.

 

 

 

 

Because there was hardly a soul there, Harry was able to take his time and conquer his fear of the tall slide. He was bursting with pride when he shot out of the bottom. It was one of those golden moments.

 

 

 

 

Speaking of golden moments...

 

 

 

I'm archiving the memories of sunsets like these in my mind for future daydreams.

 

Wish me luck xx

 

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinkin of you! Hope the stay goes quickly, it's always tough to be away from home. Keep us posted on the reconstruct!

    xxoo
    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx