Sunday, April 19, 2015

Book Launch...This is Captain Cook.

The boys and I had a lovely morning at the National Library for the launch of Tania McCartney's latest kids book...This is Captain Cook.

 
 

 

 

Despite having known Tan for some time now, this was the first time we got to catch up in person and it was lovely to give her a hug hello.

 

 

 
 
The book is a gorgeous foray into the life of Captain James Cook, illustrated by Christina Booth.
 
 
 
 
The boys loved it.
 
 
 
 
After the reading, the kids got creative making paper hats, boats & telescopes.


 
 
Aye Aye Capt'n.
 
 
 
 
Tania is someone who I look up to as a creative mentor. She's vibrant, passionate and willing to put herself out there, all the while inspiring people the world over to develop their own creativity. Not only a great author, I'm smitten with her amazing illustrations which you can check out here.
 
She started the 52 week Illustration Challenge last year which was a huge success culminating in an exhibition earlier this year in Perth. I didn't contribute any images to last year's challenge but am working on submitting some this year. It's been so long since I've dabbled in illustration...am inspired to do some short courses in watercolour and drawing to boost my confidence and refresh my skill set. I need to find my creative footing in this world and start turning long held dreams into reality.
 
 
 
 

Cheers Tan, you fill my world with pretty and whimsy and inspiration to take a leap of faith. I'm looking forward to seeing what other beautiful works you've got in the pipeline.

 

 

"Others inspire us, information feeds us, practice improves our performance, but we need quiet time to figure things out, to emerge with new discoveries, to unearth original answers."

― Ester Buchholz

 

 

xx Em

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx