Friday, October 11, 2013

First Post Chemo Haircut

 

Momentous occasion this afternoon folks!

 

For the first time since the beginning of chemo, when the last wisps of my hair were shorn off, I stepped through the doors of my hair salon for a cut.

 

 

Its been six whole months since my last haircut.

Six months...

 

 

It was so very lovely to see Marina again. Love my hairdresser! We caught up on those missing six months as she tidied up my hairline, with Harry occasionally coming over to join in the conversation.

 

(Harry pulling a Kate Moss pose)

 

The amount of hair that came off was minuscule but the act was monumental, another step closer to normality.


 

Felt great to be able to walk out of the salon saying "See you in six weeks".

 

 

xx Em

 

2 comments:

  1. So happy! Must have been great to sit in that chair. Harry is so funny!!!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a goofball! Its his current trademark pose these days.

      Delete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx