Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween

We've had a great Halloween...

 

 

Yesterday the kids helped me carve the pumpkins.

 

 

Today we strung up garish green spider webs with big black furry spiders and dotted the front steps with our jack'o'lanterns.

 

 

Harry went on his first ever trick or treating expedition around the neighborhood with our next door neighbors. He was so excited and I was just a little bit wistful watching him walk down the street holding Sam's hand while the other big kids ran ahead. Still so little but at the same time, so grown up. He had a blast and came back with a bag full of loot to share with his baby brother.

 

 

For the first time ever we had a steady stream of trick or treaters come knocking on our door from late afternoon until 8pm..and nearly all of them were in costume. They'd really gone to a lot of effort and looked great! Usually we'd get a dozen or so kids, this year we had so many we were cleaned out of lollies by 7pm and I felt terrible having to turn away some of the most adorable little witches and superheros emptyhanded.

 

 

I know that many Aussies grumble and gripe that its an American holiday, we shouldn't be celebrating it. But I say humbug! It actually orignated in the UK and Ireland. We celebrate Easter, Christmas and NYE, why not Halloween?

 

 

 

It was fun chatting to others from our neighborhood...the kids had a great time and there was a real sense of community spirit. Life is too short to be so cynical...so cheers and Happy Halloween Everyone!

xx Em

 

2 comments:

  1. I can add another to my list of reasons I think you're so awesome - you gave your pumpkin eyebrows! LOVE IT!

    Sounds like a really eventful Halloween! So happy the boys had a great time - they look so cute eating candy on your steps.

    I think when I see little Raisin running off my heart will skip a beat..or 20.

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx