Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A little inspiration

We're holed up inside on this cold grey day, suffering sneezles and wheezles. To chase the rainy day blues away I've made a pot of tea and am curled up on the couch with my babies watching Charlotte's Web. It's giving me some fantastic ideas for Jack's upcoming 2nd birthday party...(oh my lord, my baby is almost two!). Poor Jack suffers from second child syndrome...he missed out on a 1st bday party, Slack Mummy never got around to filling in his baby book with all those milestones during his first year, he wears Harry's hand-me-downs and plays with Harry's old toys. He's hardly deprived but it would be nice to make him star of the show. It's been such a rough start to the year, time to do something creative and fun for the Toddler's birthday.

We've always opted for the park or our backyard for Harry's parties...which is fine in September but Jack is a July baby and July in Canberra somewhat limits our venue options. Our cottage is far too tiny to host an indoor party so I started looking around for other venues and came across the Farmyard Nursery. It couldn't be more perfect for our animal loving little man. Such a venue naturally lends itself to a 'County Fair' theme so that's what we're running with.

 

I've found a fab invitation design and my head is filled with so many creative DIY ideas: reams of bunting, jam jars holding paper pin wheels, toffee apples, hot dogs, popcorn, sack races, red checkered tablecloths, hay bales and fairy floss.

Check out this gorgeous party featured on the Sweet Designs blog by Amy Atlas

and these images from One Charming Party

and finally these from Pretty Little

 

Love unleashing my creative side and images like these inspire me to get making and baking! xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx