Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Staph schmaph!

For someone who simply cannot stand daytime soapies, my life is starting to suspiciously resemble one!

So...it appears I have a bit of a superbug in my new boob and its stubbornly refusing to go away despite two types of antibiotics. My oncologist is chasing up my surgeon because the next step, if things don't miraculously resolve within 48hrs, is to remove my implant. Today's port surgery has been canned, tomorrow's chemo postponed...it's a game of hurry up & wait...again. Thank goodness I'm a fairly patient patient. Hey...maybe that's why we're called patients!

Off for an ultrasound in an hour. Not looking forward to the royal tour being wheeled through the hospital lobby to Imaging on my bed wearing a glam hospital gown. Thankfully the wardsmen are always cheerful chatty types so that makes it easier.

Ho hum!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx