Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chemo kicking my ass - Part 2

MONDAY: My wonderful Mum came to our rescue again, flying in just after I came home from the ER. It was such a relief to have her there. We were all in need of some of her TLC.

TUESDAY: In the evening Mum took me to our local ER again to get some ondansetron wafers in the hope that the vomiting would slow down. Thankfully I scored the awesome triage nurse who saw me straight away, she shook her head in dismay when I explained the situation and immediately handed me a box of wafers and told me to go home and not waste another minute in ER. The vomiting eased up for about twenty minutes after I took the wafer so I went to bed. But before long I was throwing up copious amounts of dark green bile and my body felt like it was being burnt from the inside out. I was at my wits end, in complete despair. It was then, about midnight, that I decided that if I could make it through to morning I would go directly to the oncology ward and beg for help. I couldn't...wouldn't go to emergency again. It was a hell of a long night. I kept making little goals to get through, just twenty minutes more, just fifteen...things would get better when the sun came up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx