Thursday, January 9, 2014

Me & Mrs Jones

 

 

Rach and Anna.

Two of my favourite people in the world.

We met up for brunch at Me & Mrs Jones yesterday.

 
 
It dawned on me that I've known these two for almost nine years now.
We met in Darwin when our boyfriends deployed to Iraq.
It was an intense time.
Since then our boyfriends have become our husbands and we've created some beautiful babes. The army scattered us to different parts of the country but our friendship has always been a constant. I will always be grateful that Anna & Rach were both posted to Canberra last year. The timing was serendipitous. I honestly would not have coped without them last year, nor would I have experienced so many joyous moments.
Brunch was our last hurrah together before Rach moves north to Brisbane for her next posting.
 
 

It was also my introduction to Me & Mrs Jones in Kingston. Wowzas...I've found a new favourite! Their Doughnut French Toast with bacon, maple syrup and cinnamon marscapone was completely decadent, a heart attack waiting to happen, but so, sooooo good! I loved the interior with its industrial exposed brick, high ceilings and pendant lights. And the bentwood chairs...I want half a dozen of those babies in my dining room.

 

 

 

I'll miss our girly get togethers as a trio...

 

 

Safe travels my darling Rach. Thank you for making me laugh.

Anna & I will hold the fort here for you. Love you to bits!

xx Em

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx