Friday, January 10, 2014

Good News Thursday

Too early in the day to crack open the Moet?

My GPs office called to say that the scans hadn't shown up any more tumours so YAY to that! A little bit relieved, yes indeed! They asked me to come in next week. I can only assume that the ultrasound is showing some radiation damage in my right boob which, in the scheme of things, is the least of my worries, I was always prepared for that.

The stress of the last nine days has caught up with me. I feel like curling up and taking a month long nap. The thought of cancer returning just six months after chemo really shocked me. New Year's Day was the first time I felt that my cancer could be stronger than me. It was the first time that I entertained the possibility of losing the battle and not seeing my boys grow up. And that was suffocating. That must sound silly and overly dramatic.

Anyway, for the moment I can stop worrying and for that I am grateful.

I'll be able to relax and enjoy my birthday this weekend without another cancer diagnosis weighing on my mind.

Thank you for every comment, email and text message of support.

Feeling so very loved gave me courage.

 

Much Love

xx Em

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh Em, Oh Em, Oh Em, Oh Em!!!!! I am sitting here crying tears of happiness for you!!! So very very happy and such absolutely wonderful news!!!! Have the most amazing weekend and the most special time with your family. Party up big for your birthday, cause girl.....you deserve it!!!! You are here, you are cancer free and you can celebrate with thankfulness!!!! Woohoo!!!! (ps. One day I'll work out how to have my comment show my name at the top...technically challenged that I am) Gaye xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, Dave, Maya, SamJanuary 10, 2014 at 8:42 PM

    Yay yay yay !!!! We are so happy for you, shannon and the boys. It must have been a terrifying time for you.

    We hope you have a wonderful birthday and are so pleased you don't have the stress of worrying about this on your plate anymore. We hope your little family spoils you rotten with lots of love and cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting here smiling :) Open the Moet, you don't need an occasion to celebrate, drink it just because you can. A huge weight lifted off your shoulders, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES EM! I'm so happy for you. I'll toast a glass of champagne to you from the other side of the globe! Really made my day. Sit back, relax and enjoy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! I'm so happy for you! And it's never too early for Moet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best NEWS EVER! Crack open the champagne darling!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. Nice blog title ;) This is the best news I've ever heard on a Thursday!!!

      Delete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx