Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve in the garden of Eden

Happy Christmas Eve Everyone!



We are soaking up the goodness of this beautiful patch of paradise called Eden, staying in our neighbor's beach house which perches on the hillside, looking down on the bay and across to the harbour. A long jetty jutts out where the boys go fishing and watch yachts bob about on the water and the air is filled with the melodious calls of bellminers and whip birds. At the bottom of the hill is a quiet little cove with a beach that is perfect for kids, complete with a playground. Honestly could it get any better!?!



We're in holiday mode and loving it.

Our days have been spent adventuring in the national park,

 

 


playing on the beach




and putting our feet up with an afternoon tipple and a good book.


 

Harry regularly quips that he "loves being on holiday" and the Jackman is never happier then when he's running up the beach as fast as those little legs will carry him.



Both boys have been sleeping like logs too.

 

 

Eden is such a friendly spot...the locals are lovely and we have consistently hit the jackpot with good food and great service whenever we've ventured out for a meal.

 

 

We are loving being together in this beautiful place. Its good for the soul.

 

 

This time last year I discovered that lump in my breast. I spent last Christmas feeling silently terrified of what that meant. This Christmas I am no longer afraid. I have survived this year and discovered that I am stronger than I'd ever imagined and truly grateful for my life and my beloved.

I want to wish each and every one of you a joyous and beautiful Christmas, wherever you are. Thank you for your incredible support, love and encouragement this year...it has meant the world to me.

Much love xxx

Em

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx