Tuesday, January 12, 2016

39

Being stuck in bed with influenza wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind for my 39th birthday. Instead of breakfast out at my favourite cafe this morning I had breakfast in bed.

 

 

I slept the rest of the day away and resurfaced late this afternoon wheezing like an old accordion. Boo hiss to the flu!

 

It got me thinking though...my cancerversary is on Thursday. This time three years ago I was going out of my mind with fear waiting for biopsy results. The results turned out to be the shittiest birthday present EVER! So really, a narky little flu isn't so bad after all.

 

I've been showered with love from the Husband and my Littles and my inbox is full of lovely messages from family and friends.

 

The past week has been busy with trips to playgrounds and cafes. My cousin Loni came to stay for a long weekend which was so lovely. It was great to spend a bit of quality time together.

 

 

 

I've also been pre-occupied with coming up with new designs for Puddleducklane. A lovely big shipment of fabric arrived from America last week so I've been sketching and swatching and sewing with glee. Puddleducklane Again will reopen on the 20th of January. Can't wait!

 

xx Em

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Em!
    Shame you were ill on your birthday but I otherwise hope you're well down under.
    Big hugs!
    Emily x
    Auburn Antics

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx