Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sydney Celebrations

 

Well, she's done it! My baby sister has graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce from UNSW and I am so incredibly proud of her.

It's been three days of celebrating and Sydney didn't fail to deliver.

We stayed in a fantastic serviced apartment at Meriton on Kent, smack bang in the middle of town. I got to Sydney at lunchtime on Tuesday and Katie and I spent the afternoon doing some sisterly retail therapy. I found a beautiful navy linen blazer at Zara, we fawned over Kate Spade handbags in David Jones and picked up some Shiraz, Champagne & Caffe Latte truffles from Haigs in the Queen Victoria Building. Mum & Kathleen flew in from Queensland that night and we dined in Darling Harbour.


 

Wednesday was an early start with breakfast at the Uni and some pre-ceremony photos around the campus.

 

 

Then into the Auditorium for the ceremony.

 

 

Oh yeah baby...we were clapping hard when her name was called.

 

 

Think she was a bit chuffed and deservedly so!

 

 

SO PROUD!!!

 

 

Apparently Kathleen is still on her Gap Year.

 

Formalities over...time to celebrate with lunch at Bondi Icebergs.

 

 

Icebergs is iconic...overlooking beautiful Bondi Beach.

 

 

After bubbly and fish & chips on the balcony we tottered back to the apartment. Kate and Kathleen hit the shops and I took an afternoon kip. After my nap I got to sneak in a quick coffee with a very beloved girlfriend who's office was just a block from the apartment. It was brilliant to see Em and give her a jolly good squeeze.

 

 

Unfortunately not long after that, the ruddy headcold that I thought I'd shaken off earlier in the week hit me again. Kathleen and I opted for a quiet night in, with some Thai takeaway and the Lifestyle channel, leaving Kate and Mum to have dinner with a couple of Kate's friends. Thank goodness for cold & flu medication...it knocked me out for the night and I slept like a rock.

We checked out of the apartment this morning and Katie took us to her favourite cafe in Double Bay for brunch. When she said Indigo do the most amazing breakfast she wasn't kidding.

 

 

We feasted on corn fritters with bacon, avocado salsa & baby spinach.

 

 

It was glorious! Have to say, it was rather entertaining watching the rich & the beautiful in their natural habitat as we brunched. Double Bay = Posh.

 

 

The area is renown for its array of gorgeous boutiques so we had a little look on the way back to the car.

 

 

 

We had just enough time to pop around to see Katie's fab 1920s apartment in Piper's Point.

 

 

Oh my...that is one gorgeous suburb with amazing harbour views.

 

 

Before we knew it, time had slipped away and we had to return home.

 

Katie, you are a kind, beautiful, intelligent and completely marvellous creature. We love you to the moon and back and we are so very proud and happy for you.

Cheers to you Lovely...onwards and upwards!

xx Em

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em, so small world! As soon as I saw your sisters name on her Degree I realised I knew the name. I asked my daughter Emily and yes, she knows Kate and Emily's best friend Lorae is good friends with Kate. Indeed a small world!!! How wonderful you could all celebrate together and have a fantastic weekend. Gaye Napier xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh isn't that funny! I've met Lorae before. Hope you're having a beautiful week Gaye xx

      Delete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx