Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hello December

Hello December!

 

Apologies for being conspicuously absent for the last month. I've been squirrelling away at home making Christmas gifts and preparing for our annual Christmas Party which we had last night.

 

I think it's safe to say that I'm fully immersed in the Christmas Spirit.

 

 

 

The house is glowing with tea lights, twinkle lights, sparkles and glitter.

 

 

The dining table has been commandeered as my mini studio for the last few weeks, with fabric, pins, patterns and ribbon strewn across the tabletop to make superhero costumes, superhero dolls and a range of dresses, satchels, totes and cosmetic bags.

 

 

 

The kitchen has been a hive of activity.

We harvested our bumper crop of cherries and I preserved them in a cinnamon spiced port.

 

 
 
I made my very first batch of Rose petal syrup using our ruby red Pierre de Ronsard roses which felt incredibly indulgent and turned out beautifully...
 
 
...and our rhubarb and alpine strawberries became jolly red jam.
 
 
 
Christmas cakes were baked...
 
...and my darling friend Rach and I spent a day making gingerbread and mini Christmas puddings with the kids. It was organised chaos but immense fun!
 
 
There was some wild dancing around the house.
 
 
The hampers for our party guests were filled with rich, sweet, spiced foodie treats.
 

 

The Christmas party was great fun. I was far too busy enjoying myself to take photos which is always a good sign. It was stormy and pouring with rain but we just squeezed ourselves into the cottage, drank cocktails and let the kids run around in the rain in their superhero capes and masks.

 

Am looking forward to the rest of the Christmas season. Cheers!

 

xx Em

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx