Thursday, October 3, 2013

He's da bomb...

I attempted to take some snaps of my hair this morning, to show how quickly it is growing back...but I got photo bombed by the toddler.

Rattus Baggus Maximus at the moment. Our fair-haired wild child who is talking in perfect sentences and counting to ten with ease. He's showing us every day that he can keep up with the best of them. Nothing is too great a challenge for this little pocket rocket. Fiercely independent but incredibly polite...his standard response to any offer of help is "no sanks". Hubby and I seem to be in a constant state of 'wow' when it comes to our youngest. I still pinch myself that he's ours.

On the cancer front, I had a check up with my radiation oncologist this morning at the hospital. My radiation burns have healed beautifully and everything seems to be on track at the moment. No sign of damage showing up in my lungs, which I found out can happen at around the six week mark post treatment. Hurrah for recovery and good health.

As for my hair...it's officially long enough for me to wake up with 'bed hair'. Who would have thought I'd be excited about that! The colour and texture very much resembles mouse fur at the moment. Kind of a light ashy brown and very soft. I'm tempted to start playing around with the colour but can't decide if I want to get back on the colouring merry-go-round. My vanity hasn't been completely shot to smithereens yet so the likely outcome will be yes. I'm going to see my hairdresser next week for my first cut since chemo. Big moment...think I might get a little teary over my glass of bubbly when Marina tidies up the few strands around my ears. Little things mean a lot these days.

 

 

I did a Centergy class at gym last night. The last time I did one it was called Body Balance and I was heavily pregnant with Harry. It was SO nice to immerse myself in that beautiful blend of Pilates and Tai Chi again. I was anticipating that I would have to go very easy with my arm and chest but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could push myself and keep up with the rest of the class. My aim is to improve my fitness to pre-diagnosis levels by Christmas. Five gym sessions a week should see me achieving my goal.

Well, must dash. I'm taking Hubby out on a hot date tonight for his birthday to see Gotye play live at the Transit Bar. He's teamed up with his original Melbourne band, The Basics, for an Aussie tour and its going to be a bloody AWESOME gig!

 

 

Can't wait!

xx Em

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Your son is absolutely gorgeous and you are a beautiful lady. You wear the shorter hair style very, very well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, your hair looks great - how excited am I to hear you have bed head - VERY!

    Best photo bomb ever - and cutest.

    Hope you enjoyed your date night!!!!

    .:Marta:.

    p.s I feel like I have a few blog posts to catch up on...I have no idea how but I missed them on bloglovin' WAAAHHH!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx